XML
Title :

The Merchant's House, Marlborough

Author :
CHINNERY, Victor ;
Publication year :
1998
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
Describes a three-bay, timber-framed structure with a brick rear extension, built ca.1656. The Merchant's House, which has recently been acquired by Marlborough's Town Council as a museum, is to be refurnished on the basis of inventories made in 1670 and 1691. Chinnery illustrates his article with furniture suitable for the purpose. ;
Pagination/Size :
12 col. ill. ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ;
French keywords :
Ameublement ; Grande-Bretagne ; Maison ; Marlborough (GBR), Merchant's House ; Musée ; Pan de bois ; Restauration ; 1600-1700 ; 1670-1691 ; 1900-2000 ;
Descriptors :
Furnishings ; Great Britain ; Half-timbered architecture ; Houses ; Marlborough (GBR), Merchant's House ; Museums ; Restoration ; 1600-1700 ; 1670-1691 ; 1900-2000 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
Antique collecting, 1998, 33, 4, Sept
INIST identifier :
24998517 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 0003-584X ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
Antique Collectors' Club, Woodbridge, Suffolk
Publisher country :
UNITED KINGDOM ;