XML
Title :

St. Salvador's, Dundee, and the fulfilment of the Puginian ideal

Author :
SYMONDSON, Anthony ;
Conference :
Caledonia gothica : Pugin and the Gothic revival in Scotland; Caledonia gothica : Pugin and the Gothic revival in Scotland ;
Publication year :
1997
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
S. Salvador's, Dundee, was designed by G.F. Bodley. Begun in 1866, building continued until 1874, and the furnishings and decoration until 1886. Considers its architecture in context of the liturgical life inspired by the Catholic doctrinal teaching of the Oxford movement. ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ;
French keywords :
Architecture ; Bodley, George Frederick, 1827-1907 ; Dundee (GBR), S. Salvador ; Eglise ; Grande-Bretagne ; Influence ; Mouvement d'Oxford ; Néogothique (art) ; Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852 ; 1800-1900 ;
Descriptors :
Architecture ; Bodley, George Frederick, 1827-1907 ; Churches ; Dundee (GBR), S. Salvador ; Gothic revival ; Great Britain ; Influence ; Oxford movement ; Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852 ; 1800-1900 ;
Document type :
Communication de congrès ;
Is part of :
conference-meeting-part
Source :
Architectural heritage, 1997
INIST identifier :
24995069 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;