XML
Title :

4 St. James's Square London : the Naval and Military Club

Author :
MUSSON, Jeremy ;
Publication year :
2001
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
The Palladian town house was designed by Edward Shepherd for the duke of Kent, 1726-1728. It was partly remodelled by the 2nd earl de Grey in the 1830s. After 10 years of standing empty, it has been refurbished and made the new home of the Naval and Military Club. ;
Pagination/Size :
9 ill. (7 col.) ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ;
French keywords :
Architecture ; Grande-Bretagne ; Hôtel particulier ; London (GBR), Naval and Military Club ; Shepherd, Edward, act.1700, m.1747 ; 1700-1900 ;
Descriptors :
Architecture ; Great Britain ; London (GBR), Naval and Military Club ; Shepherd, Edward, act.1700, d.1747 ; Town houses ; 1700-1900 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
Country life (London), 2001, 195, 18, 3 May
INIST identifier :
24954066 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 0045-8856 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
IPC Magazines, London
Publisher country :
UNITED KINGDOM ;