XML
Title :

The grandstand at Stamford : its history, repair and re-use

Author :
FREEMAN, Jennifer M. ;
Publication year :
1998
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
Stamford grandstand is situated on land which forms part of the Burghley Estate, the historic seat of the Cecil family. It was erected in 1766, and is one of the very few extant 18th-c. grandstands in England. Altered in 1818-1820, it fell into disuse when racing ceased in 1873. It has recently been repaired and adapted to residential use. ;
Pagination/Size :
20 ill. ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ; 5304A - 1400-1800 ; Architecture ; 530-IV - 1400-1800 ;
French keywords :
Architecture ; Course de chevaux ; Grande-Bretagne ; Réemploi ; Réparation ; Stamford (Lincs, GBR), Grandstand ; Tribune du public ; 1700-2000 ;
Descriptors :
Architecture ; Grandstands ; Great Britain ; Horse racing ; Repairing ; Reuse ; Stamford (Lincs, GBR), Grandstand ; 1700-2000 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
Transactions - Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings, 1998, 23
INIST identifier :
24909139 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 0142-5803 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings, London
Publisher country :
UNITED KINGDOM ;