XML
Title :

Pugin rediscovered?

Author :
BARNES, Anthony ;
Publication year :
2001
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
Pugin's chantry for the Sutton family of Lynford Hall, near Thetford, was built in 1846 at West Tofts church, Norfolk, but dismantled in 1856 during reconstruction of the church. Elements of Pugin's building may have been reused nearby at Santon All Saints, a suggestion supported by the dimensions of the chancel at Santon, and its decoration, as well as documented connections between the Sutton family and the rector of Santon, William Weller-Poley. ;
Pagination/Size :
5 ill. ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ; 5305A - 1800-1945 ; Architecture ; 530-V - 1800-1945 ;
French keywords :
Architecture ; Chantrerie ; Décor ; Eglise ; Grande-Bretagne ; Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852 ; Réemploi ; Santon (Norfolk, GBR), All Saints ; West Tofts (Norfolk, GBR), S. Mary ; 1800-2900 ;
Descriptors :
Architecture ; Chantries ; Churches ; Decoration ; Great Britain ; Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852 ; Reuse ; Santon (Norfolk, GBR), All Saints ; West Tofts (Norfolk, GBR), S. Mary ; 1800-2900 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
Ecclesiology today, 2001, 26, Sept
INIST identifier :
24904155 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 1460-4213 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
Ecclesiological Society, Fleet
Publisher country :
UNITED KINGDOM ;