XML
Title :

Hospital de Tavera, Toledo : a property of the Medinaceli Foundation

Author :
BINNEY, Marcus ;
Publication year :
2003
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
Describes the architectural history and restoration of a Renaissance hospital and its chapel in Toledo (Spain). The Hospital de Tavera (or Hospital of San Juan Bautista) was begun in 1542 for the Cardinal Archbishop of Toledo, Juan Pardo de Tavera. The two architects involved in its design were Alonso de Covarrubias and Bartolomé Bustamante. ;
Pagination/Size :
9 col. ill. ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ;
French keywords :
Architecture ; Bustamante, Bartolomé de, 1499/1501-1570 ; Commande d'oeuvre d'art ; Covarrubias, Alonso de, v.1488-1564 ; Espagne ; Hopital ; Pardo de Tavera, Juan, cardinal, 1472-1545 ; Restauration ; Toledo (ESP), Hospital de Tavera ; 1500-1600 ;
Descriptors :
Architecture ; Bustamante, Bartolomé de, 1499/1501-1570 ; Commissions ; Covarrubias, Alonso de, ca.1488-1564 ; Hospitals ; Pardo de Tavera, Juan, cardinal, 1472-1545 ; Restoration ; Spain ; Toledo (ESP), Hospital de Tavera ; 1500-1600 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
Country life (London), 2003, 197, 37, 11 Sept
INIST identifier :
24802738 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 0045-8856 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
IPC Magazines, London
Publisher country :
UNITED KINGDOM ;