XML
Title :

The conservation of the external fabric at Kew Palace

Author :
DYSON, Tony ;
Publication year :
2002
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
Records the comprehensive program of external repairs carried out at Kew Palace in 1996-1999. Often known as the 'Dutch House' on account of its Flemish-style brickwork, it was built in the 1630s. Following careful research, the brick facades were restored to their original finish, with fine penny-struck pointed joints and overall application of terra cotta-colored limewash, transforming perceptions of the building. (Paper based on a lecture given to the Association in 2001). ;
Pagination/Size :
21 ill. (20 col.) ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ;
French keywords :
Architecture ; Brique ; Conservation ; Façade ; Grande-Bretagne ; London (GBR), Kew Gardens, Kew Palace ; Palais ; Restauration ; 1600-2000 ; 1630-1999 ;
Descriptors :
Architecture ; Brick ; Conservation ; Facades ; Great Britain ; London (GBR), Kew Gardens, Kew Palace ; Palaces ; Restoration ; 1600-2000 ; 1630-1999 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
Transactions - Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings, 2002, 27
INIST identifier :
24801646 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 0142-5803 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings, London
Publisher country :
UNITED KINGDOM ;