XML
Title :

William Morris and the Green Dining Room

Author :
PARRY, Linda ;
Publication year :
1996
Language :
English ;
Abstract :
In 1865, the authorities of the South Kensington Museum (London) commissioned Morris, Marshall, Faulkner and Company to decorate a public refreshment room for the museum. Documents show that three of the firm's partners were involved, William Morris, Philip Webb and Edward Burne-Jones. The appearance of the Green Dining Room, or Morris Room, has changed little since it was completed in 1869. ;
Pagination/Size :
12 ill. (11 col.) ;
Topic :
530 - BIBLIOGRAPHIE D'HISTOIRE DE L'ART ;
French keywords :
Burne-Jones, Edward, 1833-1898 ; Décor ; Grande-Bretagne ; London (GBR), Victoria and Albert Museum ; Morris & Company (designers), London (GBR) ; Morris, William, 1834-1896 ; Musée ; Restaurant ; Salle à manger ; Webb, Philip, 1831-1915 ; 1800-1900 ; 1865-1869 ;
Descriptors :
Burne-Jones, Edward, 1833-1898 ; Decoration ; Dining rooms ; Great Britain ; London (GBR), Victoria and Albert Museum ; Morris & Company (design firm), London (GBR) ; Morris, William, 1834-1896 ; Museums ; Restaurants ; Webb, Philip, 1831-1915 ; 1800-1900 ; 1865-1869 ;
Document type :
Article ;
Source :
The Magazine antiques (1971), 1996, 150, 2, Aug
INIST identifier :
25046405 ;
ISSN :
ISSN 0161-9284 ;
Provenance :
Bibliographie d'Histoire de l'Art ;
Publisher :
Straight Enterprises, New York, NY
Publisher country :
UNITED STATES ;